Wednesday 31 July 2013

Lavender Blue

 
 
Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green.
When I am king, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so...



A while back I mentioned to my mum that I would like to get hold of some Lavender...  I had forgotten every word about it til this weekend gone, when my mum pulled a whole bin liner of Lavender from the boot of her car!  Never one to turn down a freebie am I!  My other half, bless him, helped me trim out all the wooden bits, til we were left with a huge pile of stems for drying...
 
 
If you would like to try drying Lavender at home, pick the Lavender just as they open, and dry on open trays or by hanging in small bunches.
 
 
I have already started to take the flower tops off my Lavender as they dry, because it was falling all over my kitchen floor and I have no room!  I seem to be getting a lot more than I expected, just look at all these blue/purple sweet smelling nuggets! 
 
 
 Fingers crossed the lavender dries OK, as I am looking forward to some Lavender makes :o)





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment