Monday 29 April 2013

Giant doilies and the reality of the crafty lifestyle....

On my trawls of the local charity shops I picked up two giant doilies.  These are pretty big and measure approx 50cm across!  I wasn't really sure what I wanted to use them for to start with.  But after completing the lace cushion backed with mustardy yellow fabric last week, I decided they would look great against some contrasting coloured fabric. 
 
This is what I've been up to the last couple of days...
 
 
It took SO long to hand sew this doily on the fabric!
 
 
This is the second one, I'm yet to start.  The fabric is one of the fat quarters I picked up on my little shopping trip yesterday.  I am making them both into giant cushion fronts.
 
 
I think these doilies would look fantastic on top of a stylish little coffee table.  The reality is that my coffee table is not so stylish flat pack furniture from IKEA.  Also if I were to put anything like this on my table tops, this would happen...
 
 
 
Did someone lay out some fabric?  Must be picnic time!
 
Quick, mums got the camera!
 
 
ARGH GIANT BABY TODDLER!!!!!
 
Realistically there is really very little free time for crafting in the daylight.  No matter how engrossed the little one looks like she is in Mr Tumble, she always ALWAYS knows when I'm sneakily trying to do a little making.  Good job Sweetpea is super cute! :o)
 
 
So here goes the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment