Sunday 10 March 2013

Doily designs

I've been struck with inspiration over the weekend.  Although not much actual sewing has gone on, I've been working on lots of ideas, laying out fabrics, deciding on colours, playing around with composition, etc.  Quite often the actual design process can be more difficult than the sewing and putting together of pieces!
 
I have been gathering quite a nice little collection of doilies of late.  Although I fear someone else is now buying up all the lace pieces, as there were none in my favourite charity shop on Friday.  Not even any of the odd ones I had discarded the previous week, thinking I shouldn't really buy so many in one go, oh dear!  Oh well, I'm sure if I bumped into this other doily enthusiast, we would probably get on rather well.  Spread the doily love!
 
 
Here's a little glimpse of what I've been working on:
 
 
I'm hoping to add a lovely large tear drop chandelier piece to this one, as I think it will work well with the shimmery voile and metallic threads.
 
 
Feeling inspired by all the wonderful sunny weather we had this week, I almost forgot myself as its now snowing.  I can't wait to get out in the garden and get planting!
 
 
A wee pink number.
 
 
Last but not least, my current favourite, as I love all the bright colours.  I am also rather fond of this little beige doily.

No comments:

Post a Comment