Saturday 2 March 2013

An afternoon of sewing

Today I have been busy as a bee, sewing myself into a cross-eyed stupor all of the afternoon. 
 
 
I have made two tiny owl brooches, which I am hoping to add to my new Folksy shop in the next few days. (Need to work out the packing and logistics of the shop before I start selling.)
 
 
The brooches are all made by hand, with lots of teeny tiny embroidery stitches including back stitch, satin stitch and blanket stitch in DMC embroidery silks.
 
 
 
I also spent a pretty few hours on this little squirrel, who is made with a combination of machine and hand embroidery, including back stitch, French knots, satin stitch and a complicated one called battlement filling stitch.  I was going to make the squirrel into a little brooch too, but I quite liked the peachy orange colour against the rose print cream fabric.  I might keep him in the hoop yet and add a little more to the picture. I was thinking...
 
 
 I may applique the speech bubble and hand embroider the text with couching stitch.  Still in the thought process at the moment.  I don't know if its a bit inappropriate now I have a child, but she can't read yet, so I figure I can get away with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment