Wednesday 6 February 2013

Lets start at the beginning!

So this is it, I am stepping out into the wide world of blogging. I must admit I feel a little nervous at the thought of just anyone stumbling across my ramblings, but if I forever hide back in the burrow from which I came, this will never happen. So hey ho, be positive, here goes nothing!


 

Touche Crochet

I am currently working on a crochet granny square afghan in olive, mustard, purple, maroon, cream and peach. Yes, I know what you're thinking (what an odd combination), but I was given a lot of free yarns and actually it is coming out rather well.
 
 
I am at that tedious and fiddly stage of joining all the squares. But I am remembering to sew all the ends in as I go, so I don't have even more of a headache once I get to the end. Also, I thought it may do my hand some good to mix it up between single crochet and a little light sewing.
 
 
 
This is how I keep all my squares in order when assembling a blanket.  Once I've laid out my design on the dining room floor, I stack up all my rows and keep my squares from getting muddled again by using nappy sacks and numbered post-it notes (very glamorous!) I then make sure they are kept safe and away from mischievous little hands. I like to use my wicker picnic basket for storage as it has a buckle fastening that my daughter hasn't worked out how to undo yet!
 
I've got another three rows to attach to the blanket (vertical stripes) and then work all the long horizontal rows. Not decided yet whether to crochet around the outside. Think I will wait and see how it looks once I'm finished.
 
 
 
This is the sofa the blanket is destined for. Think it will tie in well with all my cushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment