Tuesday 12 February 2013

Crochet Marathon!

 
 


Very happy this morning as I finished piecing together my granny square afghan just before bed last night.  So am finally getting to enjoy the fruits of my labour!
 
 

And indulging in a little light cushion rearranging ;)
 
The finished blanket measures 112cm x 194cm, so is pretty large and is approximately 160+ hours work. I probably could have got away with it being a fair bit smaller, as half the blanket hangs down the back of the sofa and can't be seen.  I do however like a blanket to be practical as well as pretty.  And there is nothing worse than chucking a lovely handmade throw over yourself for a nice nap, to find you can feel a draft.  And no matter how much you wiggle and jiggle about, and manouvre the blanket over yourself, you just can't get comfy cos your bum is hanging out the side of it!
 
 
I am also feeling a little smug because there was very little wastage of yarn.  I normally make a project and  end up with lots of little odds and ends in all sorts of colours, and have no idea what to do with them!  But with this blanket, I used up all the leftover pieces of wool to join the squares together.  I even unpicked a couple of squares over towards the end, to finish of the very last parts, rather than start a new ball !
 
 
A lot of work, but wirth it all in the end.  I hope you enjoy my pictures!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment